Thursday 28 August 2014

Within all of my designs I have wanted to keep the outside of the boatshed looking more-a-less traditional. For instance I have stripped it back to the rafters and beams instead of adding onto the front to change to look of it or adding more doors, etc. This is mainly because of two reasons. 1. After designing the first one on sketchup I actually realised how small the space really was. Secondly I wanted each idea to still fit in with the boatsheds around it. I didn't want the design to be too out there which does mean I played it safe. For each design I wanted to keep it family friendly and open. I wanted to keep my designs simple, open and inviting because of the atmosphere I get from the boatsheds on a nice day or even at sunset. It's a nice, calm, happy peaceful feeling which I wanted to incorporate into my designs. I feel like I did this through the big glass roofs/windows and having it mostly free flowing (minimal amount of doors if any). The calmness and peacefulness was shown through my choice of colours in the wedding design, the bridge and body of water in the walkway/mini beach design and  through the setup of the beach.
Every design I have created is a meeting place for friends and family with opportunity to make new friends within the space. Since the whole 'theme' for this paper was to make meeting places I want to try and make my designs as open as I could. By open I mean a place where you can meet new people or catch up with old ones. Either way I wanted the space to be extremely open and calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment