Thursday 28 August 2014

Nice walkway/mini beach walk around

For my final design for the space of the boat sheds, I wanted it to be a fun, pretty, open space that was both inviting but low maintenance. The alternative idea that I started off with was water meets land. This idea turned into me wanting to do an indoor beach and when I talked to Meg about it she brought up the point, "Why would people go there, like why wouldn't they just go to a normal beach?". So I changed it, slightly, so it was a walkway/ mini beach. It is a nice place to just chill or to walk through. I wanted it to be versatile as well, which is why I have put in a large sandy area. This boat shed would replace the concrete stairway. To achieve the open space, the walls have been taken away and a glass roof has been added, to achieve the mini beach water has been added underneath the boatshed with a bridge to cross over. Even though the design is simple I feel like it's enough. If it had been too fancy or extravagant then it would not blend into it's surroundings. Even as it is it would be hard for it to blend in but since It's the walk way I think it's okay. One thing I did overlook though is how windy wellington is. This is especially present in my idea of having loose sand. I feel like people would come here instead of the beach as it is a nice alternative plus it doubles as both (one of) the entrances as well as a mini beach so either way people would use it, whether is it to meet friends and hang out or just a nice place for people to meet during a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment