Thursday 28 August 2014

Research for walkway/mini beach







The images/designs for the indoor beach have some kind of glass covering. Indoor beaches are fairly new in the sense that not many places have them and in many areas there is no need for them. However, everything within the man made dome is controlled; how much sand there is, the temperature of the water, etc. This helps to make the indoor beach appealing in winter. 
Most of the walkways have some kind of floral covering with is aesthetically pleasing as well as providing shade in summer.
What to incorporate within my own design:
I want to have a glass/ see through roof, a body of water and sand. I also want there to be a choice as to whether the boatshed should be used or just looked at. For the walkway concept I want there to be floral aspects to the design as well as it still looking clean and aesthetically pleasing. I want it to also be an area people can go without getting hay fever or being overwhelmed by the scent of flowers. I want the boat shed to still resemble a boatshed; I dont want to deconstruct it completely of make it stand out too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment